How My Garden Grows

From this on 4/2010: Container Garden 4.25.10 To this 6/2010: Contained Garden 6.14.10

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Perked Up Plants & Strangely Growing Blackberry Bush

The plants (even the squash and cucumbers) did perk up after getting some water and some relief from the heat. I transplanted some cucumbers and the blackberry bush tonight. Speaking of the blackberry bush.....It's growing strangely. See for yourself:
Garden 6.29.10

It seems like only one branch has grown at all - straight out the side. Should I prune it? I'm not sure. I'll have to research it in my "spare time." I hear that's when people do things like research gardening, so if I ever find some spare time, I'll try it. I did transplant the bush into a bigger container tonight.
Garden 6.29.10
Those are my keys in the bottom for scale.

And, finally, there is some COLOR in my garden! Beautiful tomatoes!!
Garden 6.29.10

Lots of green ones, too.
Garden 6.29.10
These are the cherry tomatoes, but my regular tomatoes are getting nice and big. They're still green, though.

Hopefully tomorrow, I will set up the garden and have new pictures of the changes. I'm very excited about re-creating the space!

1 comment:

  1. I want that blackberry. It's beginning to look yummy.

    ReplyDelete